Thursday 25 July 2013

LISTENING TO OR LISTENING FOR

When I was much younger, I read a book titled “From the kitchen window” or something like that (can’t remember clearly now-will have to ask my mom). I cannot remember what the book was about but what struck me most was the fact that most of what was written came from insights received by the author while she was working on her household chores (hence the title).
This morning, I was going through an old journal of mine and I saw an entry I made on the 31st of December 2008 from an insight I received while working in the kitchen.
It blessed me again and I decided to share.
“Most people, when they want to hear from God make the mistake of focusing only on trying to LISTEN TO God’s voice. You are supposed to also LISTEN FOR God’s voice.
You can only listen to something when you know when or where exactly it will come from. You listen for something when you do not know the exact when or where it will come from.
Since you cannot pin God down and predict His every action, you have to learn to listen for and not just to His voice.”
God speaks through His Words in the Bible but He can also speak to you through anything.
If He could speak through a donkey as can be found in Numbers 22, then best believe He can speak to you through a child, your boss or even that person that dislikes you.
He can speak to you through circumstances. He can speak to you through nature. He can speak to you in any way He desires.
My whole point is this; when you ask God for something, don’t put Him in a box and expect Him to respond or speak to you in a certain way. You will most likely miss His response that way.
I know the Bible contains some revelation of God’s personality but let us never forget that God is infinite, we can never know Him completely.
HE IS GOD. His ways are not our ways and His thoughts are not ours. They are so far apart.
Isaiah 55:8-9 - "I don't think the way you think. The way you work isn't the way I work." God's Decree.  For as the sky soars high above earth, so the way I work surpasses the way you work, and the way I think is beyond the way you think.” (Message Bible)
Most times, when we ask God for something, our expectations are based on our very-limited and myopic knowledge.  God’s response comes from His knowledge of the end from the beginning. You cannot expect that you will completely understand His thought process and predict how His response will come through.
Always keep an open mind and have an ear waiting to hear and see God in any(and) everything.
I hope this blessed someone.
Love you always,
Darhmie…

2 comments:

  1. I've never really thought about it in this way before. Soo true!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Am inspired @ Lawyer Darhmie Oladosu. My motivation level is up.

    ReplyDelete